Here’s a tool that you should leverage! Facebook tagging, enables you to identify and reference people in photos, videos and notes out of your page or/and personal profile. It’s a great way to let people know what and who you’re referring to.
Include the “@” symbol before you type the name of that person you would want to reference, a drop-down menu will show that will show you a list to select your on friends, Pages, groups, events and applications.
Friends you tag as part of your status updates will be given a notification and your post will also show on their walls. They’ll have an option to remove tags of themselves whenever they wish.
- You need to share news or information that you believe would interest or benefit a selected Page, Person or Group.
- You intend to help spread the word of someone else’s work or news.
- It offers you the capacity to interconnect and expand your network.
- Others who will spot your site might also want to connect to you when you’re presenting yourself as being a person of value.
- It’s a faster strategy to spread your message around other networks.
- You possibly can’t use tagging in the comment (only works inside your status update).
- Offer value and stay relevant.
- NEVER spam or promote yourself when tagging.
When used strategically, tagging generally is a great method to cross-promote with other people on Facebook. You need to be make to use tags in positive ways.
NOTE: You will only be capable of tag individuals that have their privacy settings setup to allow it.
Test it!! Tag me or my Facebook Page in your next status update (you’ll should like my page or perhaps be my buddy first).